Anyone anywhere can join any day. (Buttons join the webinars.)
Why mindfulness? Because,
- chronic uncertainty may cause anxiety, stress, or health issues;
- a mindfulness practice fosters equanimity in the face of change;
- your plate of ‘to-dos’ can likely wait ten minutes.
Why 2:50 PM?
By holding @2:50 in the middle of the day we’re acknowledging the vital role the practice can play in our lives. Is mindfulness as essential as clean water, nourishing food, and trips to the bathroom to get us through our days? A growing body of evidence seems to suggest that it is. Read more about how we might make mindfulness the new bio break.
How do I participate?
Here are some ways you might join, or you can do whatever feels most comfortable to you. A short introduction is offered at 2:48 each day. Or listen to guided previews here.
- Sit relaxed and close your eyes, or observe the screen or;
- observe your breathing and let it go in and out by itself or;
- notice sensations in your body with your mind’s eye or;
- visualize a relaxing scene or something you are grateful for.
What if I can’t always join at 2:50 pm?
You’re welcome to join @250 as often or as infrequently as your schedule allows. @250’s global mission is to encourage ten minutes of mindfulness in whatever form or time works best for you.
If you’re interested in starting an @250 in a new time zone we’d love to have you. Learn more about our vision here.
Fri 31 Dec 2021 marks 974 total meetings with more than 198,960 person/minutes shared in quiet reflection.
Fri 11 Feb 2022 marks the one-year anniversary of @2:50 EET
Fri 11 Mar 2022 marks the two-year anniversary of @2:50 EST