Ten minutes for your mind
@2:50 meets daily online
Anyone can join any day. (Buttons join live webinars.)
Why mindfulness? Because
- chronic uncertainty may cause anxiety, stress, or health effects;
- a mindfulness practice fosters equanimity in the face of change;
- your plate of ‘to-dos’ can likely wait ten minutes.
Why 2:50 PM?
By holding @2:50 in the middle of the day, we acknowledge the vital role practice can play in our lives. Is mindfulness as essential as clean water, nourishing food, and trips to the bathroom? A growing body of evidence seems to suggest that it is.
How do I participate?
Here are some ways you might join or do whatever feels most comfortable to you. A short introduction is offered at 2:48 each day. Or listen to guided previews here.
- Sit relaxed and close your eyes, or observe the screen or;
- observe your breathing and let it go in and out by itself or;
- notice sensations in your body with your mind’s eye or;
- visualize a relaxing scene or something you are grateful for.
What if I can’t join @2:50 pm?
You’re welcome to join @250 as often or as infrequently as your schedule allows. @250’s global mission is to encourage ten minutes of mindfulness in whatever form or time works best for you.
An open invitation
We’d love to have you start an @250 in your time zone. Learn more.
- Tue 6 Dec2022 marks 1000 consecutive days of EST@2:50
- Fri 11 Mar 2022 marks the second anniversary of EST@2:50
- Fri 11 Feb 2022 marks the first anniversary of EET@2:50
- Fri 31 Dec 2021 marks 974 total meetings with more than 198,960 person/minutes shared in quiet reflection.
Photo credit: Claudia, @2:50 participant